Our digital services gateway offers a wide range of resilient data centre offerings in our own as well as vendor-neutral partner facilities across the African continent, and the UK.
Aside from hosting the points of presence for our core network and acting as critical peering interconnection points, these data centres provide clients with a range of standard hosting offerings as well as a complementary managed services portfolio.
Critical issues such as power availability and network uptime are taken care of, with around the clock support services, allowing clients peace of mind to focus on their core business activities.
There are so many benefits to migrating services into the cloud. High-speed connections, back-up and restore data options, automatic software integration, reliability, mobility and unlimited storage capacity are just a few.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – instant computing infrastructure such as servers, storage and networking hardware, and virtual servers, provisioned and managed for you.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) – including virtual infrastructure, backups and storage for archiving and disaster recovery, secure data storage for risk management and compliance procedures, load balancing, and anything else required for application development.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – access to a wide range of on-demand application services and collaboration tools without the licensing hassles.
Data breaches and security fraud costs companies millions every year, causing major reputational and operational damage. One of the major challenges facing organisations is the ability to stay abreast of the latest threats and being able to proactively prevent them. Just applying the latest patches and keeping up with the latest virus definitions is extremely time-consuming.
Our consultative approach to security services includes education and proactive assessment from which we build out custom security solutions to suit each client’s unique requirements.
- Continuous Monitoring
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR or BCDR)
- Email Security
- Antivirus Management
- Spam Filtering
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Intrusion Protection
- Security Assessment
- Network Security
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Web Security
- Vulnerability Scanning